Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jesus is the reason for the season!

I'm beginning to stress out a just a little bit.  Christmas is two days away.  I still have a few gifts to get, I haven't wrapped one thing.  I cannot believe how fast not only this month went but this entire year.  I've had all year to contemplate what I'm buying for my family yet here I am December 22nd still needing to buy a few things not just for them though.  I barely started writing out my Christmas cards.  And I'm not gonna pull the chemo card on this one!  Procastination is my middle name.  Always has always been!
But I am really excited for some friends of mine tying the knot this Friday!  Congratulations Mike and Kathy!  No turning back now lol!  I will making the dinner for them and their 95 + guests .  I won't be there for the actually ceremony, I had already committed myself to this years Christmas eve service at my church but I will be back in time for the reception.  =)  But getting back to the Christmas eve service... I am so stinkin' excited!  I love Christmas and singing songs about our savior, even the secular songs they play on the radio!  So this Friday my awesome team of musicians, Jessica Dresser and yours truly will be leading God's people into song to get you in the spirit.  We also have some special performances by some really cool people and our children too!  Some of the songs we're be playing are: O Holy Night, Mary Did you know, Breath of Heaven, Silent Night and the list goes on!  We may even close out with Feliz Navidad lol!  =)

As far as how I'm feeling well I believe a few days ago I mentioned on facebook that I just want my stomach back- appetite and all.  I still continue to have intestinal problems but other than that I think after nearly two weeks I have finally gained my appetite back.  I actually can think of certain foods and actually have it sound appealing!  Thank you Jesus!  Now if I could just get my tummy to stop making obnoxious sounds and eliminate the pains every now and then I'd be a happy camper!

Rant: Haven't this for a while!  I find it really annoying when people abbreviate Christmas as "xmas" don't take CHRIST out of Christmas people!  It wouldn't be Christmas without him!  He is the reason for the season!  Also I have to rant about the fact that there were no Christmas sprinkles at Walmart last night.  Very disappointing! 
   
Praise: Well along with getting an appetite back I have to boast about how blessed my family is.  I have an amazing support system and God has been just blessing us left and right.  He always knows our needs! 

If I don't get back on til after Christmas I just want everyone to how thankful I am for all your love and support.  May God bless you and your families this Christmas! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, my wife has been doing little by little every night on the wrapping. Actually the greek symbol for christ is X, that's how we get the abbreviation, so xmas actually is the same thing as christmas. X=christ lol, that used to tick me off until I found out how we got the abbreviation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you lerarn something new everyday! But I still say spell it out! lol!

    ReplyDelete