Monday, February 21, 2011

29 and holding!

Ah yes, today is the 12th anniversary of my 21st birthday.... lol!  Just kidding!  Today is my 33rd birthday.  33 is such an awkward number isn't it?  As time goes on life becomes more precious to me.  I am thankful another day, another year of life.  God has been so good to me!  My last round of chemo went great, just a a day of nausea and another day of major fatigue but that's about it.  If being tired everyday is the only side effect from all of this I will gladly take it!  I know of some people that are on the same regimen as myself and they are not doing well with the treatments.  I can't imagine.

Celebrated my birthday on Saturday with nearly 60 of my closest friends and family at The Last Chance.  Totally overwhelmed with the amount of people that came to show me love!  Got some fabulous gifts, friends filled out these cards that said "tell me how fabulous you think I am" lol!  Whenever I feel down I know I can just go through this box and my spirits will be lifted!   My sister Jeny made the best cake I've ever had! It was one truly amazing cake and to think this is the 2nd fondant cake she's ever made!  Jessica has some competition hee hee!  Brooke entertained us with Bohemian Rhapsody and some Britney, the crowd loves her!  Thank you to everyone who came out, I had a blast!  Probably one of the best birthday's ever, right up there along side my surprise 30th birthday party.  I can't imagine what my 40th will look like but I still have a few years to think about that one!  I am in awe and truly reminded how blessed I am. 

It's been a great day so far.  Went to work then my boss took me out to lunch to my favorite Greek restaurant (Demitri's) and now we will be heading out to dinner with my family.... going to Chilli's because today kids eat free and I might just have one of their famous Presidente margarita to celebrate the occasion lol!  ;)

Here's to another great year in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment