Thursday, January 27, 2011

Turning my messes over to the MESSiah...

At church last Sunday during the worship music set I shared a thought I had using the first four letters of the word "Messiah"- Mess.  Jesus has many names in the bible... Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Counselor, Friend... just to name a few.  One of the songs I picked out was Jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin and that's when it came to me. 

Let's face it- we all are a mess!  Some of us are a hot messI tend to be stubborn, moody, unpredicatable, vain, selfish, forgetful, unworthy- the list goes on.  I sometimes say and do things without thinking who it will affect or who's watching.  Sometimes I speak my mind when I shouldn't.  I live with regrets and often dwell on the past.  So where am I going with all of this?  What I am trying to say is that I am not perfect and neither are any of the 6,896,205,615 people on planet Earth.  If we were all so perfect meaning we lived perfect lives we would not have needed Christ to save us from our messes aka our sins!  When I became a Christian, Christ took those past mistakes (my messes) and all my imperfections and made me new.  He turned my MESS into a MESSage (my testimony) to share with those I know and love because He is the MESSiah!  And everyone of us who have come to know Christ can share their MESSage too.  You never know who you may encourage.  Ok so I didn't quite elaborate during worship to that extent but I think everyone got what I was saying.  And even though I am saved through grace, God continues to work on me because His work is not complete. 

I've been wanting to blog since the beginning of the year but life has gotten in the way lol. =)  My second round of chemo went better than the last time.  I experienced some fatigue, a little nausea but by Monday that went away.  My appetite is good, sometimes a little too good!  The only bad thing that I continue to experience is vein damage.  Two veins, one in each hand were badly damaged.  In my left hand the medication literally burned one of my veins and now it's turned dark and is hard.  From what I understand it probably will be useless now.   Still very painful to the touch.  The one in my right hand was badly bruised but I think it's almost healed.  We probably will try administering the IV in my right arm for my treatment next week.  I  am experiencing a little anxiety about this next round.  Now that I've had two different experiences I don't quite know what to expect this 3rd round next week.  My emotions have been all over the place.  Somedays I'm ok with the treatment, I go on about my daily business- work, come home, take care of my family and home, spend the weekends with family, friends then go to church and get refueled for the week.  And then I have my moments when I am not ok with it.  I'm tired- physically and emotionally.  I think to myself "I can't do this anymore".  But I know I can, I just have to remind myself that things could be worse and this is only temporary. 

Well that's all for now, short I know.  =)

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, you are being given a huge platform from which to proclaim the mercy & grace of your Messiah! Nothing is a mistake. Cancer is not a mistake....Rom. 8:28. You know it well. Now you can live it...love you & am praying HARD for you.
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me! The discussion we had last time we went out to lunch was so moving to me. I thank God that my sister brought us together. Love ya to pieces!

    ReplyDelete