Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2nd opinions...

At 5:15 AM I got up and showered as usual and headed out the door by 6:30.  That never happens, especially the getting up early part unless it's Black Friday then I'm up and outta there by 4!  Got some Starbucks for the road and met up with my sidekick sista Brooke.  That speaks volumes right there.  Anyone who would get up thaaat early for little ol' me must rilllly like me!  And even though we said 6:15 we both still both managed to be there 1/2 late but thank God despite the rain and the traffic we made it there and checked in at 8:55.  Thank you Jesus!

Met with Dr. Kline and after going over my history, symptoms and a physical exam I was pretty much told the same thing I was told by Dr. Chung- Stage 4 follicular lymphoma.  So much info was thrown at me, good thing I had Brooke with me, maybe she can recap what I miss here lol!  He needs some time to go over all the slides and cd's I brought with but said because I have no symptoms he thinks that we could just watch and wait, it's a slow growing cancer pretty much.  Unfortunately it's something I will live with for pretty much the rest of my life but definitely treatable.  Now for the treatment itself, why fix something if it aint broken?  I feel great and if we can watch and wait then why put me through the torture of chemo?  He said that there are some people that just can't bare to know they have this cancer inside growing and want to treat it right away.  The only question I had was how they figure I'm a stage 4.  To make a long explanation short it's because I have mulitple lymphnodes in two areas of my body and the cancer has spread to my bone marrow.  So anyway, the waiting continues but I still feel at peace.  However, I do kinda feel today that the pesky tumor is starting to bother me.  Nothing painful but when I move in certain directions I feel "discomfort" to put it lightly.  I also feel tired and felt a downward spiral about 2 PM, course it could be the tacos I had today for lunch!  Come on now, it's taco Tuesday!

So we were suprisingly in and out by about 10 AM and the bestie surprised me with lunch at The Signature room on the top of the famous Hancock Center.  WHAT A VIEW, despite the ugly weather.  I "highly" recommend it!  ;-)  I know I know bad joke!  Lunch was delicious and I couldn't even finish it but it made a nice dinner.  Then from there we went across the street to Water Tower Place.  Took her to the American Girl Place where I think she was a little overwhelmed to say the least!  It definitely takes you back to being a little girl.  Having two little girls of my own I know all too well how easily it is to get sucked into buying them the dolls, the clothes and the accessories.  From there we went to each floor, in search of a favorite store of ours Forever 21.... two floors oh my, I was in heaven!  I bought some jeans and stretchy pants.  And we also got scarves.  Some friends getting matching necklaces but we got scarves which we are both obsessed with.  About 3 we got a sweet tooth and couldn't resist the temptation of the dear old Chicago fav Frango mints.  Ah it's the little things in life!  Before you knew it was time to hit the road to beat the traffic and the brutal storm heading our way.  We cranked the iPod and sang our way home.  I am thankful for finding a doctor who knew what he was talking about, for a warm day in the city and for a friend who would cancel her day plans and get up at the butt crack of dawn for little ol' me to be my second set of ears and brain.  Sanks sis! <3

This past weekend was jammed packed but fun.  Saturday Mya had her competition then we had our talent show to raise funds for Feed My Starving Children (raised well over $2000 wowsers!) then I topped the night off at karaoke contest where I took second place out of about 10 contestants.  Not too shabby I suppose.  =)  Although I wish I could have taken the top prize.  Ah well.  Better luck next time!

Off to spend some time with the fam.  Good night and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment