Friday, May 6, 2011

This is the first day of the rest of your life Melissa....

This is the first day of the rest of your life
This is the first day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright s´gonna be alright

"Hold us together" by Matt Maher

I titled my blog today that because today is the first day of the rest of my life.  And so far what a hot emotional mess I have been!  I finished my 6th and (hopefully) last round of chemo yesterday.  Didn't really hit me that I was done til after I left my oncology office yesterday.  I did it!  So where do we go from here you ask?  Well don't stop the prayers thats for sure!  I will be on pins and needles for a while.  I cannot say I am in remission but I feel confident that this treatment has done the job.  I will know where I stand in about 6 weeks =)  Thank you for all your prayers and support my friends!

So today is Friday and I'm at home and still an emotional mess.  One minute I'm cracking up while talking to my friend through IM chat on facebook then the next minute I'm showering and I just start bawling!  Has that ever happened to you?  See my oldest daughter is graduating this month from 8th grade and I guess it just hit me how fast these years have gone by.  I feel like it was just yesterday we were dropping her off at her first day of kindergarten and yes I cried that day too.  I still remember the little purple outfit we bought her and exactly how she looked, how nervous she felt and how nervous I felt for her.  To this day purple is still hr favorite color lol!  It got easier with the other two kids.  Last night I told my son "can you stay my baby forever? "  He gets so mad when I call him baby but he will always be!  Ladies, cherish your babies because before you know it you will be wondering where time went like I am right now. 

 I love all my kids but Maricela is my first born and she holds a very special place in my heart.  I think anymore who has more than one kid can relate (oh God here I go again lol).  I think with Mother's Day being on Sunday it gives me renewed sense of what being a mother is all about.  I started motherhood fairly young.  I was 18 when I learned I was pregnant and I was so not ready.  But it was because of her that I was able to wake up and make something out of myself for her sake because at that time I had no idea what the future had in store.  Am I happy with what I've become?  Well career wise not so much but I do love my job and my company.  But am I content with where my life is NOW as a wife and mother- absolutely.  I am blessed beyond belief and wouldn't change it for a thing, not even living with cancer. 

Another reason why I am an emotional wreck today is that God has really been convicting me lately about where our hard earned money is going to. I drive a fairly large SUV to and from work each day.  That's 50 miles round trip.  Not to mention the in between driving to the stores, running the kids here and there, yadda yadda.  And as everyone knows the gas is not going down anytime soon.  So with a high payment, gas and maintence God really has been convicting me and we decided that it's time to downsize back to smaller family car.  =(  I really like my Durango.  Has never given me problems and comes in handy when transporting more than 5 people because it seats 8 and it's really nice when you gotta lug large amounts of stuff but I can't justify spending the money on it anymore (run on sentence I know, my HS english teacher would probably slap my hand).  So buh bye black beauty, it's been fun.... parting is such sweet sorrow.  I don't think I've ever been emotionally attached to a vehicle.  Pretty weird I know lol!  **sigh**

Well friends that's all for now.  I have been sitting around all morning so it's time to get cracking. Gotta clean black beauty out, finish the laundry and maybe eat if my stomach will tolerate something right now.  Much love to all my friends who are mom's!  May God bless you on this Mother's Day and always- enjoy the day and make sure you get pampered and treated like the queen you are! 

Proverbs 31....
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things,but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


1 comment:

  1. I feel ya mama! I have been realizing how fast time goes by lately as well! Makes you want to be more grateful for everyday! You make us all so encouraged by your strength! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete